Results in 25 governorates aggregated by Ahram Online shows that with about 41.8 per cent turnout, the Muslim Brotherhood’s candidate Mohamed Morsi remains in the lead, followed by Ahmed ShafiK, Mubarak’s last prime minister, while the leftist candidate, Hamdeen Sabbahi, who proved to be the dark horse of the race, fell back to third place. Still waiting for Cairo and Giza results, which will be decisive.
- Mursi 4,406,782 (26.48 per cent)
- Shafiq 4,115,840 (24.74 per cent)
- Sabbahi 3,329,519 (20.01 per cent)
- Abul-Fotouh 2,959,937 (17.79 per cent)
- Moussa 1,778,244 (10.69 per cent)